Helpful agents are standing by: (213) 290-9179
Press play below to listen to our audio commercial:

Useful Tips and Tricks in Selecting Car Insurance in California

Car or automobile insurance as it’s called is something which provides security for the car and also for the driver in case of car theft or accident of this valuable asset. According to the laws of car insurance in California, if a person is driving an uninsured vehicle, he/she is breaking the law. As required by the state’s law, proof is required by every driver on the road to take up the complete responsibility of any kind of damage that may occur by the person’s vehicle to another person’s life or property. The one and only way to have this proof with a person in case of calamity is to have an insurance policy of the vehicle and so if there is someone on the road without insurance, he/she will have to face penalties in accordance with the state’s law for driving an uninsured vehicle. Penalties may range from a fine of some thousands of dollars to having to go to jail.

Another important thing which should be mentioned before we take a look at the tips and tricks here is that California is an ‘at fault’ state. This means that the driver at fault will have to bear all the expenses of the suffering person.

Tips & Tricks for Car Insurance in California:

i.              Do a self survey using internet or by making calls to different insurance companies and find out which company is giving the maximum discount and where you have to pay the lowest premium to get your car insured. This self-assessment would become more valuable if you take the advice of your friends and relatives who are already engaged with some company and can provide you with their personal experience with it.

ii.             Never feel hesitant to ask for the discounts and never wait to be asked for discounts. Ask for it yourself as you are equally in need to get insured as the company needs you to be its part.

iii.            Include a second driver to your policy like someone in the family who is aged but not as a main driver to a teenager’s policy. This may reduce the premium. Not necessarily with all the companies as each insurer has got their own code of conduct.

iv.           Don’t have any secrets. Disclose all info about your vehicle to your insurer which may be anything and also your routine with your vehicle. When you have to claim, there is nothing which is left untold to insurer and will act as a hurdle in the way of your claim. This is an important California auto insurance requirement.

v.            Raise your deductible in order to reduce your insurance premium but have enough money set aside to pay it when needed.

“Increasing your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your collision and comprehensive coverage cost by 15 to 30 percent. Going to a $1,000 deductible can save you 40 percent or more”, said Loretta Worters, Vice President of the Insurance Information Institute (III).


In California about 30% of the cars are insured due to the high premium problem faced by the other 70% which are uninsured. This website helps you to get an insight of every insurance company in getting California cheap car insurance with your zip code. Hurry, before you are disoriented by someone.